1. Some sections of Bloody Good Book may be accessed by the user without registering. However, users are required to register to submit manuscripts, rate and comment on manuscripts, etc.
2. During the registration process, Bloody Good Book reserves the right to ask for information such as the user's email address, full name and user name. Bloody Good Book will use the personal information you provide to offer you services and/or products that you may select.
3. Bloody Good Book will use information such as your email address to notify you regarding an information relating to your account or your manuscript.
4. Bloody Good Book may contact the user by using the personal information provided to to provide products, services and information that may be of interest to the user.
Visibility of your information, manuscript and comments on Bloody Good Book
1. Once the user registers with Bloody Good Book, the personal information such as profile photo (if uploaded), manuscript(s) (if uploaded), email address, name, etc will be made visible to all other Bloody Good Book users. The user must choose the option to make private the information (except manuscript(s)) if he/she does not wish to make this information publicly visible.
2. In addition to other information passively collected by the Bloody Good Book website, this site also tracks
(i) Manuscripts that have been uploaded by users,
(ii) what Manuscripts, comments and other content users view and how often they view it,
(iii) ratings given by users to Manuscripts.
3. If you're an author, Bloody Good Book reserves the right to keep public your manuscript's profile page along with its reviews after the six month exclusivity period ends. Bloody Good Book will ensure that unless permitted by the author, the manuscript will not be available for reading or viewing by registered members of Bloody Good Book after the exclusivity period ends.
1. Bloody Good Book uses session ID cookies. The user can opt-in to the usage of cookies by indicating that their login credentials be remembered when the login subsequently.
Site Activity on the web and mobile
1. Bloody Good Book, like most web and mobile sites, stores and uses web server log files. These files include anonymous information about web browsers, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Such log files are not linked to Personal Information through the Bloody Good Book service.
Sharing of information
Bloody Good Book will not share information provided by users, except as follows:
1. Bloody Good Book may use users' personal information to produce aggregate information relating to the activity of Bloody Good Book's services and products. This information will show the user's activity as a whole rather than on an individual level. This aggregate information will not allow a user to be personally contacted or identified. This information may be shared with relevant customers and partners of Bloody Good Book.
(i) if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires Bloody Good Book to do so;
(ii) if Bloody Good Book's rights or property or the rights or property of Bloody Good Book's affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers or the users of the Bloody Good Book website or services are in jeopardy; or
(iii) if the personal safety of users of the Bloody Good Book website or services or other members of the public is in jeopardy.
3. In the event Bloody Good Book goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be one of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If, as a result of the business transition, the users' personal information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, users will be given a choice to decline such different use.
Bloody Good Book employs security measures in order to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, theft and alteration of personal information. However, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Consequently, Bloody Good Book its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent, warrant or guarantee that personal information will be protected against misuse, loss or alterations and do not accept any liability for personal information submitted to or collected by them nor for your or third parties' use or misuse of Personal Information. Correcting/ updating/ deleting and deactivating personal information
1. If a user's personal information changes (such as phone, email address or cellular phone number), the user may update this information on the Bloody Good Book website or on their mobile phone.
2. If a user no longer desires to use Bloody Good Book's service, Bloody Good Book provides a way to delete/deactivate users' Personal Information. Account deletion/deactivation can be done online www.bloodygoodbook.com
Notification of changes